Continued Growth Creates New Jobs
At Dempsey Uniform & Linen Supply, our success continues to generate good jobs and promising career opportunities throughout our coverage area. We proudly provide excellent compensation, comprehensive benefits, stable employment, and options for professional growth. Our commitment to our employees is crystal clear: we treat you like family.
What would you like to do?
Route Service Representative
Creating a family-friendly schedule that allows you to work the first shift on just four weekdays is our way of helping you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Plus, we encourage you to enjoy time off on major holidays and weekends. As a traveling ambassador, you will be required to promptly and accurately deliver merchandise to our valued customers. Your upbeat, helpful attitude will help those customers feel respected and appreciated. Acting as onsite account managers, Dempsey Route Service team members are responsible for creating high quality customer experiences and handling a comprehensive range of issues from invoicing questions to inventory management.
Dempsey’s continuing success depends on keeping our promise to our customers, the promise of reliable delivery and high quality products. Production team members, working together in various roles, efficiently and effectively ensure that the needs of our customers are met. A wide variety of opportunities are available and each position includes a family-friendly schedule: working day shifts on weekdays. Working in a team environment, our production staff takes pride in the quality of their work.
Our outside, business-to-business Sales team is comprised of people who love meeting new prospects, enjoy the thrill of the hunt, and appreciate that, at Dempsey, success translates into financial rewards. With geographically protected territories, your hard work will pay off for you. Be prepared to generate leads, cold call, and work hard to sign new Dempsey customers. As any seasoned sales professional will tell you, paperwork can slow you down and limit your earning power. At Dempsey, our system is designed to support your success. Our internal admin team handles the day-to-day paperwork, CRM contacts, billing, collections, and account management. All you have to do is SELL!
Why People Choose Dempsey
Dempsey is a family-owned and operated business with more than 50 years of success in our industry.
- Excellent compensation, unusually comprehensive benefits, and more
- Family-friendly work schedules include first shift, Saturdays/Sundays off, plus, many employees enjoy 4 day work weeks
- The Dempsey family is accessible to our employees, is open and receptive to their feedback, regularly acts on that feedback to enact meaningful change for customers and employees, and has never initiated layoffs at any point in our long history – even during economic recessions and depressions.
Dempsey is a leader in the economically-stable textile industry.
- Dempsey is pleased to recognize our most dedicated team members. We promote from within whenever possible and offer real opportunities for advancement.
- We continue to grow in ways that are both strategic and responsible.
- We dedicate resources to technology, capital investments, and continuous education and training.
Headquartered in Jessup, PA, Dempsey services Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, and the Washington DC area.
- We’re committed to the markets in which we do business: our industry requires local workers that can’t be outsourced or moved to remote locations.
Dempsey is committed to creating a sustainable future through environmental stewardship. We strive to reduce the direct and indirect impact of our company through leadership by example, textile recycling, and the conservation of resources.
- Dempsey is the first company in the United States to achieve certification in the TRSA’s CleanGreen™ Program.
- Dempsey is a founding member of the industry’s “Laundry Environment Stewardship Program.”
- Dempsey’s been recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the Textile Rental Services Association, and PPL Electric Utilities for our environmentally-friendly practices.
We leverage technology to make our employees’ jobs easier. By using the latest production and delivery methods, we help ensure that jobs at Dempsey are safer and less labor intensive. We encourage employees to focus on things that matter most to our customers: quality control and customer service.
- We’ve invested in the most modern solutions that, by conserving vital natural resources like energy and water, make our processes greener.
- We’ve developed proprietary software that gives our customers an online portal where they can access delivery data, download apps, and place orders.
Just ask any Dempsey employee – there’s something special about our work environment. People genuinely care here, about our customers and about each other.
- Every summer, we invite employees and their families to a renowned amusement park for a special Family Fun Day. Kids love it! Plus, each year, we host a Day at the Ballpark near each Dempsey location. Our company mascot, the Y-Guy, joins us at every family event.
- Employees and their families are invited to walk in Scranton’s Saint Patrick’s Day Parade (one of the biggest in the country!). Dempsey’s float has been honored with special awards every year. Our giant bubble machine is always a big hit.
- Dempsey employees rally together when someone is in need. Our fundraising events are chosen by our Community Service Committee and, from the ALS ice bucket challenge to Cancer awareness walks, we have fun together as we raise awareness and funds.